- 4 cups frozen blueberries
- 4 cups red or green grapes, stemmed, rinsed
- 1/4 cup or less sugar (taste fruit for sweetness)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Whipped cream, ice cream or dollop of plain yogurt sprinkled with cinnamon for garnish.
Place frozen blueberries, grapes, sugar and lemon juice into blender and blend until liquefied and smooth – about 1 minute.
Pour soup through a fine‐mesh strainer over a large bowl to catch all those tiny seeds. Press the liquid against the strainer with a wooden spoon as it passes through. Discard seeds. Serve immediately or keep in an airtight container for a day. Be sure to stir or whisk immediately before serving.
Cook’s Notes: If using fresh berries before you blend them, rinse and pat dry berries. Mash berries, sugar, lemon juice, sugar in large bowl with fork, wooden spoon or potato masher until berries give up their juice and sugar is dissolved. Cover and place in refrigerator for one hour. Place in blender with grapes and follow the above recipe.
Variation: Use hulled strawberries, frozen or fresh!
Serves 4 – 6