- 1 1/2 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped carrot (small pieces)
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 Tbs. minced fresh garlic
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper (or more to taste)
- 1/4 tsp. salt (or more to taste)
- 1 fresh thyme sprig
- 4 cups lower‐sodium chicken broth (add 1 cup or more if you want thinner soup)
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can no‐salt added, fire roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup uncooked orzo (rice‐shaped pasta)
- 5 ounces green beans cut into ó inch pieces (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup shredded skinless, boneless rotisserie chicken breast
- 2 ounces fresh Parmesan cheese, grated (about 1/2 cup)
Heat a heavy bottomed, medium pot over medium‐high heat. Add olive oil to pan and swirl to coat the bottom of pan. Add onion, carrot, celery, garlic, pepper, salt, and thyme. Sauté for 4‐6 minutes or until vegetables soften. Add broth, tomatoes and bring to boil. Add pasta and beans – cook till pasta is cooked and beans are tender – about 5 minutes. Lower heat to medium. Stir in chicken, sprinkle with cheese. Discard thyme. Serve with crusty bread and salad.
Recipe can be doubled. Add more broth as needed.