- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbs. frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 1/2 tsp. minced fresh thyme
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper, plus extra for seasoning
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt, plus extra for seasoning
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 oz. goat cheese, chilled, broken into 1/2-inch chunks
- Four 2-inch-diameter red or golden beets, tops trimmed
- 6 oz. green beans, trimmed, cut into 2-inch lengths
- 1 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt, freshly ground black pepper
- 6 cups bite-size pieces butter lettuce (part of 1 head)
- 2 packed cups baby arugula
- 1/2 large Granny Smith apple, cored, cut into thin slices
Combine the oil, vinegar, apple juice, thyme, pepper, salt and garlic in small bowl, whisk to blend. Season with additional salt, pepper.
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Place goat cheese in a medium bowl. Drizzle with just enough dressing to moisten. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Wrap each beet in foil. Place the beets directly onto the oven rack and roast until tender, about 50 minutes.
Eight minutes before beets are tender, place green beans in pie dish. Add oil, pinch each salt and pepper and toss to coat. Roast green beans alongside beets until crisp-tender, about 8 minutes.
Remove foil from beets, set aside until cool enough to handle. Cut each beet into 6 to 8 wedges. Combine lettuces in large bowl. Add green beans, apple slices and top with beet wedges. Sprinkle goat cheese on top. Just before serving, pour dressing over salad and toss until coated.