- 2 red grapefruits
- 5‐6 oranges
- 2 limes – optional – you can use more oranges or grapefruit if too tart
- 1 large shallot, thinly sliced
- ó cup coarsely rough chopped flat‐leaf Italian Parsley
- 1 tsp. finely grated lemon zest
- 2 Tbs. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup crème fracihe or sour cream or Greek style yogurt
- 2 Tbs. pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp. poppy seeds
- Pinch of salt
- Leaf lettuce – rinsed and dried (optional)
Carefully peel oranges, grapefruits and limes (if using). Remove all the outer skin and bitter white pith. Work over a small bowl and catch juices from fruit as you cut in between membranes to release sections ofe ach fruit. Cut lime and grapefruit sections into thirds. Leave the orange sections whole.
Transfer all citrus to serving bowl. Add sliced shallot and chopped parsley. Reserve citrus juice for another use. In a second small bowl, whisk lemon zest with lemon juice, crème fraiche (or sour cream or yogurt) maple syrup and poppy seeds. Season dressing with pinch of salt. Pour dressing over fruit, toss gently. Plate a top leaf lettuce if you like. Serve immediately.
Note: Dressing can be made one day ahead and refrigerated. Whisk lightly before adding the citrus sections.