- 2 Tbs. fruit vinegar like apple cider, raspberry or pear
- 2 Tbs. honey
- 4 stalks celery ‐ trimmed, (save some of the green leaves as garnish)‐halved crosswise
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 2 ripe pears – ideally red Bartlett or Anjou ‐ small dice
- 1 cup white Cheddar cheese – finely diced
- ½ cup pecans – toasted then chopped
- 6 large leaves lettuce – ideally butterhead ‐ washed and dried
- Freshly ground black pepper
Crisp celery by soaking in bowl of ice water‐15 minutes. Drain, dry, cut into ½ inch pieces. Whisk vinegar, honey, salt in large bowl till blended. Double vinegar and honey if you want additional dressing on the side. Add diced pears. Gently stir to coat. Add diced celery, cheese, pecans. Stir to combine. Season with freshly ground pepper to taste. Portion lettuce leaves onto 6 plates.
Top lettuce with pear, celery, cheese and nut mixture. Sprinkle chopped celery leaves (if available). Serve chilled or at room temperature.