- 2 large orange or red peppers, roasted, can use bottled
- 1½ cup corn
- 2 large tomatoes, cored, seeded, cut into ¼” dice
- 1 small jicama, peeled and cut into ¼” dice
- 2 large ripe avocados, peeled, pitted, cut into ¼” dice
- 1 15 oz. can or 1½ cups black beans, rinsed
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 lb. boneless skinless, chicken breasts – grilled and cut into 1” cubes (optional)
Honey-Lime Vinaigrette: (double if want extra dressing for salad)
- 1 small clove garlic
- Kosher salt to taste
- 3 Tbs. fresh lime juice
- 3 Tbs. fresh orange juice
- 2 tsp. shallot, minced
- 1 Tbs. honey – more to taste
- ¾ tsp. ground cumin (or ¾ tsp. cumin seeds, toasted and finely ground.
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
To make Vinaigrette:
In small pan, toast cumin seeds over low heat until they start to release their aroma. Allow to cool, then grind. Or use bottled ground cumin. Place all ingredients except oil in food processor and process until well combined.
With processor running, slowly pour in oil allowing it to blend well. Season with salt, pepper and more honey as desired. Remove from bowl of processor and set aside.
To Assemble Salad:
- Thaw frozen corn.
- Chop all vegetables, keeping them separate.
- Arrange on platter in individual piles or stripes, and sprinkle with chopped cilantro.
- Serve with vinaigrette on the side, or drizzle it over the salad just before serving.