- 1 5inch piece of fresh ginger root, sliced thinly
- ¼ cup sesame oil
- 8 medium garlic cloves garlic, smashed
- 2 tsps. freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 Tbs. honey
- 2 tsps. Kosher salt
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1½ lbs. flank steak, trimmed of fat and sinew
In resealable plastic bag, combine all ingredients except for steak and mix thoroughly. Add steak. Turn to thoroughly coat. Close bag and marinate at room temp for 30 minutes. To make ahead place in frig up to 24 hours.
After marinated, remove steak from frig (if applicable) and bring to room temp for at least 15 minutes. Heat a lightly oiled grill pan to medium-high heat. Once heated, remove steak from marinade, shake off excess, and add to pan.
Cook steak for about 6-8 minutes per side for medium rare. Transfer to cutting board, season with salt and pepper. Let rest for 10-15 minutes. Slice thinly across grain. Serve.