- 4 wonton wrappers (use a heart shaped cookie cutter for V Day!)
- 1 Tbs. unsalted butter, melted (can substitute lower fat)
- 2 Tbs. plus 1 tsp. sugar (can use Turbinado raw cane sugar or a sugar alternative)
- 2 pints fresh strawberries, hulled, sliced and tossed with 1 tsp. Sugar
- 1 pint heavy cream, whipped OR ½ cup lower fat Greek yogurt sweetened with 1 Tbs. Honey
- Pinch of cinnamon and ground cloves or to taste
- Optional: 1/3 cup chocolate morsels, melted and slivered almonds
Heat oven to 425 degrees. Brush both sides of wonton wrappers lightly with melted butter. Spread 2 tablespoons sugar on a plate and press wrappers into sugar to coat evenly on both sides. Place on a nonstick or buttered baking sheet. Bake for 4 to 5 minutes, or until wontons begin to turn golden brown. Turn and cook an additional 2 minutes or until evenly browned. Remove from baking sheet and let cool.
Slice strawberries. Toss with 1 tsp. sugar. Whip the cream (or yogurt) with cinnamon and cloves. Divide strawberries among four plates. Top with cream, a crisp wonton, (drizzle with melted chocolate and/or slivered almonds) and serve.