- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1½ lbs. large shrimp, tails on, peeled and deveined
- 2 Tbs. chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 Tbs. chopped fresh oregano
- Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ cup dry white wine (use wine you would drink – not “cooking wine”)
- Lemon wedges, for serving
Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic, cook til soft – not browned – 1 to 2 minutes. Add shrimp, parsley, oregano, red-pepper flakes. Cook, stir frequently till shrimp are bright pink, opaque – 2 minutes.
Raise heat to medium-high. Add wine. Continue cooking till most of liquid has evaporated. Remove from heat, season with salt, pepper. Serve hot with lemon wedges on the side.