- 1 c. fresh sweet cherries (about 5-1/2 oz., pitted and finely chopped
- 1/2 c. finely diced jícama
- 1 med. scallion (white and green parts), very thinly sliced
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh mint
- 1/2 tsp. red wine vinegar
- Pinch of cayenne; more to taste
- Kosher salt, freshly ground black pepper
- 2-1/2 oz. (1/3 cup) soft fresh goat cheese
- 2-1/2 oz. (1/3 cup) ricotta cheese (can use full fat or skimmed)
- Eighteen 1/2-inch-thick baguette slices, toasted
In a medium bowl, stir the cherries, jícama, scallion, mint, vinegar, and cayenne. Season to taste with salt, black pepper, and more cayenne.
In a small bowl, mix the goat and ricotta cheeses with a pinch each of salt and black peppe
Lightly spread the cheese over each baguette toast and top with the cherry relish. (This versatile relish is also tasty spooned over grilled chicken breasts, tossed into a chilled quinoa, couscous or rice salad, or served as a salsa with chips of your choice).
Yields 18 crostini